template rendering problem with g:each loop

krusekmn

I have a template that is display a form for each iteration of the g:each. However on the first iteration the form is not rendered properly. The rest are all correct.

Code:
<g:each in="${rs1}">
			<g:form action="toRenew">
                         ${it.menaml} 
			<input type="hidden" name="memberNumber" value="${it?.MEMEMB}" />
			<g:submitToRemote action="addto" update="[success:'toRenew',failure:'error']" value="Renew"/>
			</g:form>

</g:each>

Here is what gets rendered:
<div id="updateMe">
Test Elaine M
<input type="hidden" value="7367608" name="memberNumber">
<input type="button" value="Renew" onclick="new Ajax.Updater({success:'toRenew',failure:'error'},'/renew/c1/addto',{asynchronous:true,evalScripts:true,parameters:Form.serialize(this.form)});return false">
<form method="post" action="/renew/c1/toRenew">
Test Kruse Test Kruse
<input type="hidden" value="7422318" name="memberNumber">
<input type="button" value="Renew" onclick="new Ajax.Updater({success:'toRenew',failure:'error'},'/renew/c1/addto',{asynchronous:true,evalScripts:true,parameters:Form.serialize(this.form)});return false">
</form>
Testa Karen
<input type="hidden" value="7434681" name="memberNumber">
</form>
Tester Betty J
<input type="hidden" value="7353394" name="memberNumber">
</form>
</div>

Any idea as to why this template would not render correctly?

dave

Administrator
Staff member
That sure looks odd behaviour, did you discover what caused it yet?

krusekmn

Yes, I had a form around the ajax update div where the template was being rendered. Since there was a form in the template as well it created a nested form situation. Nested forms are not supported in html. My bad!

Since I am using ajax and updating an session arraylist I was able to move the outside form below the ajax update div and all is well.

dave

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that'll get ya !

Thanks for updating us with the resolution :)