One-to-one relation issue: column(should be mapped with insert="false" update="false)

M

mmnnoo

One-to-one relation issue: column(should be mapped with insert="false" update="false)

Hi,
i've two db tables as follow:

CREATE TABLE `customer` (
`id` char(36) NOT NULL,
`name` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`lastname` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

CREATE TABLE `customer_detail` (
`customer_id` char(36) NOT NULL,
`creation_date` date DEFAULT NULL,
`deletion_date` date DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`customer_id`),
CONSTRAINT `FK_customer_detail_customer_id` FOREIGN KEY (`customer_id`) REFERENCES `customer` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

and two domain classes that map these tables

class Customer {
String name
String lastname

static hasOne = [detail: CustomerDetail]

static mapping = {
id generator: "assigned"
version false
}

static constraints = {
name maxSize: 50
lastname maxSize: 50
detail nullable: true, unique: true
}
}

class CustomerDetail {
Date creationDate
Date deletionDate

static belongsTo = [customer:Customer]

static mapping = {
id generator: "assigned", column: "customer_id", insert: false, update: false
version false
}

static constraints = {
}
}

but when I run the application (run-app) I get the following error:

Caused by MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: my.data.domain.CustomerDetail column: customer_id (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")

If I remove <id generator: "assigned", column: "customer_id", insert: false, update: false> the GORM sets the one-to-one reference on Customer.id and CustomerDetail.id but
the field customer_detail.id doesn't exists in db and I can not modify the db structure.

Is there a solutions to that?

Thank you in advance

Mono

woodmawa

not sure - i'm not that hot on sql - and your looking at hard mapping from class into db tables - so i'm assuming your doing legacy database mapping approach. however if you look at the static belongsTo = [customer:Customer] - that suggests that there is an attribute called customer in the CustomerDetail table - which there isn't. Also your using a generator for the id - so your getting a new number - therefore its not the same as the id generated in the Customer entity.

if it were me - i'd knock up a couple of classes in gorm and let it do the generation of the tables for you - from your couple of test classes - then look at the generated sql definition and you should be able to figure out where your mapping is going wrong. But it doesn't look right as it stands above