neo4j 2.0.0.m02 plugin doesnt work - with or without hibernate installed

woodmawa

having problems using neo4j 2.0.0.m02 plgin with latest grails 2.4 running 64 bit

I build myself a new grails project - tested with hibernate plugin - created a new domain class and spock integration test to check simple save and retrieve from db. Test works fine

then tried to install the neo4j plugin - you have to add an extra repository to buildConfig.groovy like this

mavenRepo "http://m2.neo4j.org/releases"

else the build fails as it cant find the neo4j-jdbc dependency. Once that problem is fixed - if you try to rerun the test, the test fails, with something like this

Error running forked test-app: No bean named 'sessionFactory' is defined (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'sessionFactory' is defined...

if you then remove the hibernate plugin and have the neo4j try to do run the test you get another failure like this

Fatal error running tests: org/grails/datastore/mapping/query/api/BuildableCriteria (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/grails/datastore/mapping/query/api/BuildableCriteria
at org.springsource.loaded.ri.OriginalClassInvoker.createJavaMethod(OriginalClassInvoker.java:56)
at org.springsource.loaded.ri.ReflectiveInterceptor.jlClassGetDeclaredMethods(ReflectiveInterceptor.java:151)
at org.springsource.loaded.ri.ReflectiveInterceptor.jlrMethodInvoke(ReflectiveInterceptor.java:1270)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.grails.datastore.mapping.query.api.BuildableCriteria...

so basically I cant get the plugin to work - i'm using the embedded datasource config with this

grails {
neo4j {
type = "embedded"
location = "E:/WillsDrive/Neo4j/grailsTest.graphdb"
params = []
}
}

any ideas what may be happening and how I go about getting it fixed/work around

dave

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I've never used this plugin, can you see if there are any tests included with the plugin that you can look at, maybe you'll see something you're missing.